The Trustees of the charity are proposing the following change to the constitution.
It will be presented to the AGM of the Fund on 22nd August 2016 at Perth Police Station.
This resolution is being sought to change Section 67 of the Constitution of the Scottish Police Benevolent Fund.
Section 67 currently states
67. The charity trustees must elect (from among themselves) a chair, a treasurer and a secretary.
It is requested that this section now read:-
67. The charity trustees must elect (from among themselves) a chair and a secretary.
67.1 The charity trustees must identify a suitable person to undertake the role as Treasurer. This person may be from the Board of Trustees.
- The role of the Treasurer requires some financial knowledge and training.
- Furthermore section 67 restricts the charity to elect a treasurer from the board of trustees.
- The charity business processes are established on the assumption that the Treasurer would be a Trustee.
- The charity currently employs a member of staff to assist in the role of Treasurer.
This proposal should future proof the role of Treasurer within the SPBF. It may be the case that as the charity grows there may be a requirement to employ a Treasurer directly.
In terms of paragraph 58.2 of the constitution, any member seeking election as a Trustee must intimate in writing his/her intention to do so to the Secretary of the fund at least 14 days prior to the advertised date of the AGM on 18th August 2014.
Notice is hereby given that the second Annual General Meeting of the Scottish Police Benevolent Fund will be held at the Hilton Grosvenor Hotel, Glasgow, G12 0TA on Tuesday 19th August 2014 at 1800 hours. The Agenda will be posted on the SPBF website, www.spbf.org.uk at least 14 days prior to the meeting date. All Fund Members are invited to attend.
Any member seeking election as a Trustee must intimate in writing his/her intention to do so to the Secretary of the fund at least 14 days prior to the advertised date of the AGM on 18th August 2014.
Contact Amanda Givan (Secretary) for further information
0300 303 0028
The Scottish Police Benevolent Fund Annual General Meeting will be held at 1700 hours Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel,
1-9 Grosvenor Terrace, Glasgow 11th June 2013. An agenda can be downloaded here
The charities first AGM will be held at 1600 hours, 11th June 2013 at the Hilton Grosvenor Hotel, Glasgow to which all members are welcome. Further updates will be posted.